Does that person REALLY need to complain about ________?
The answer? Probably not.
What good does complaining REALLY do for anyone?
Any time somebody complains to me about something that has NOTHING to do with them and matter of fact doesn't hurt them or anyone else, all I can think to myself is.....
If this person would experience some struggles, like some 20 rep gut check squats, they would be minding own business!
My friend Joe DeSena calls this "changing your frame of reference. Once you experience a tough Spartan Race, you quickly begin to change your definition of "this is hard" or "poor me"......
Here's 3 Reasons How Squats AND Hard
Work Can Cure The All Too Common
- When you learn how to tough it out and push through a tough Squat workout, you learn that the only way to crush that workout is to mind your own business!
Nobody can help you but yourself. It takes complete and total focus, you need to "go dark" as the pain starts setting in and your lungs burn.
When I was a kid I was training with an older guy. I started to struggle and thought I was about to get stuck under the leg press. I muttered, help me!
He replied, HELP YOURSELF.
I was 14 or 15 years old and that lesson still rings true.
2. Through hard work, tough training, getting under the bar and pushing through, you begin to realize that your "Life's Problems" start to disappear and you realize that the work is the gift!
Soon, you begin to chase that struggle, that work, that intensity. You no longer want to complain and you see no beauty in being "that guy" who complains regularly. Complaining is a sign of weakness. You put your troubles in your back pocket and learn to handle them on your own.
You start to view challenges as a gift. You actually begin to thrive under pressure where others would normally crumble under pressure. Heavy squats ARE pressure. Life has pressure. You don't fear the pressure because you know that you can never be defeated. You refuse to lose.
3. The problem with close minded people is they always have their mouth open.
You never know what someone is going through. My downfall is I judge people on their work ethic, when truly, deep down, there could be other issues. Who knows?
But think about these instances:
- The person who ALWAYS has negative comments on Amazon, YouTube, IG, etc. This person probably doesn't lift. If they do lift, they only lift upper body.
- The person who acts like a cop but is not a cop. He / She is retired from work or never had a job, so now they FIND things to complain about.
If someone is not committing a crime, mind your own business. If you're not helping someone, keep your mouth shut.
If you have the energy to complain, you need to spend that energy on contributing to society instead of complaining or causing drama. I've always said, Gossip and drama are the language of the weak people.
Put a bar on your back and shut your mouth.
See you at the Squat Rack!