When I need to remind myself on what it takes to get strong it boils down to 4 key components.
Completely Basic & Simple, but.... NOT EASY.
It boils down to doing these 4 things.....
1) Lift heavy shit from the ground to the shoulder or overhead position. Use a barbell, dumbbells, odd objects of any type, etc. If you complicate this then you're on the wrong path. Focus on progressive overload. Simple, NOT easy.
2) Carry heavy objects in various paths: straight ahead, zig zag, up stairs, up hills, on sand, pavement and even through knee deep waters. Use various objects once again, don't let your body adapt to one implement.
For upper body bodyweight pushing exercises, you must attack weighted push ups, ring push ups, dips, handstand push ups and plyo push ups.
A GREAT way to combine the power of these workouts is like this:
1) Hit something heavy FIRST, either a carry or full body movement, then...
2) perform a workout as outlined in The Bodyweight Bodybuilding Course HERE.
A Sample workout would look like this:
1) Stone Shouldering: 2 reps every 30 seconds x 5 minutes
2A) rope climbs 5 x
2B) handstand push ups alternate with ring push ups 5 x submax reps
Safety Note: The rings & straps in this video are competition straps found HERE - they will NOT move on you when performing weighted exercises & save you from smashing your teeth to the ground 🙂
3) Optional Depending On Goals:
- Finish with conditioning OR sprints of any sort: hill, sleds, prowler, battling ropes, jump rope, etc.
Let me finish by reminding you again: The key to strength and muscle building lies in the simplicity. The part all the "experts" forget to tell you is it takes hard f**ing work, not just 30 or 60 days. #TRUTH