Travis Mash and I discuss the lifestyle and business of being a Strength Coach & / or Gym Owner.
This was a GREAT episode because the past year or 2, I have spoken with a lot of well known Strength Coaches who have stepped away from running a gym and gotten back to their true love; Coaching.
On the flip side, there are a lot of business programs out there for Coaches that are being run by people who never owned a gym themselves. This is like learning someone coaching your classes who doesn't live the lifestyle him or herself.
So in this episode Travis and I discuss the mistakes we've made in our business as well as the things that work.
Here are just some of those topics:
- The mistakes we've made in the multiple facets of running our gyms.
- Mistakes other Strength Coaches make on the regular & how to avoid these mistakes.
- The good and the bad of owning multiple locations.
- Tried and True business practices vs the ever changing marketing that you hear about.
- Does location matter?
- How have our thoughts on location changed - not just foot traffic, but the town your gym is located.
- Should you have a partner? How does a good or bad partnership work? What are the different types of partnerships?
- Who should you train? Adults? Athletes? Both? Things have changed and here are our thoughts.....
- Thoughts on speed training / speed schools.
- Pricing your membership.....
- Plus lots more!
I answer some specific gym owner questions inside The Underground Strength Academy as well.
Enjoy the show and thank you in advance to those of you who share this episode with others.
Connect with Travis Mash HERE.