STRONG Life Podcast ep 295
Building the Ultimate Middle & High School Strength & Conditioning Program
Thank you to https://Sorinex.com and https://Thorne.com for supporting The STRONG Life Podcast.
If you're a Coach, Athletic Director or parent of an athlete, this is a crucial listen for you as I go in-depth regarding middle and high school strength and conditioning.
In this QnA I cover the following:
- How I train athletes at The Underground Strength Gym differently than at my full time high school strength & conditioning program.
- How we schedule training athletes at my high school including the original plans, the flaws, the setbacks and the challenges we face. I also discuss what would I do for organizing the high school strength and conditioning program in a "perfect world"
- The difference in training middle school vs high school athletes regarding training methods, training tools, intensity, frequency and everything in between.
- The flaws of my full time high school program and what I would do to change our training program, schedule, frequency and more
- How other Coaches / schools incorporate full time strength & conditioning into their daily and weekly schedules to give everyone the best chance at maximizing results.
This was a great topic / podcast for me.
If you've been following me for 10-15 years, you've likely seen me discussing and pushing this topic hard. Since I began coaching high school athletes and more so from when I first opened The Underground Strength Gym and went from garage to warehouse in 2007, I saw firsthand how high schools need a qualified expert training the athletes.
Now, thanks to The NHSSCA, becoming a full time high school strength is becoming the norm.
Enjoy the show and please leave a 5 star review. BIG thank you.
Live The Code 365,
Leave a Reply