STRONG Life Podcast ep 362 with Strength Coach, Gym Owner and Author, Andy Baker.
Connect with Andy at https://AndyBaker.com
Brought to you by http://ZachStrength.com - Get your FREE Training Courses & Exclusive Discount Code for our Online Store
This episode is jam packed with training and business info. Andy Baker and I go for 2 hours as we chat about his early start up days into being a Strength Coach and how Andy has evolved today.
Here's just some of the topics we covered:
- Thoughts on owning a gym and how Andy's gym has evolved through the almost 20 years of being a gym owner
- The power of balancing an online business with a brick and mortar gym
- Lessons learned from my mentor, Ryan Lee
- How does Andy keep clients for 15+ years!?
- The two books Andy co-authored; The Barbell Prescription with Dr. Jonathon M. Sullivan and Practical Programming for Strength Training with Mark Rippetoe
- The "Help Yourself" Story that taught me how hard is too hard with regards to strength training
- Andy's favorite training program for building size and strength inspired by Kirk Karwoski and Marty Gallagher
- Early days of CrossFit and lessons learned from websites and web forums of the early 2000s such as Deep Squatter
We discuss much more and this was a BEAST of an episode so dig in and enjoy!
Also, don't forget Our STRONG Life Brotherhood Agreement and Leave a 5 star review on Apple HERE!
Al Rymniak says
Great podcast – I really enjoyed listening to the conversation. I have read Andy’s books and never really knew that he owned a gym business and is a fellow brother Marine. Very cool guy.
I totally agree with the changes that have taken place over the past 10-15 years when it comes to the physical culture in this country. I was laughing about Crossfit and the early days. It’s crazy that parents still ask for “speed and agility” training for their weak middle school/high school kid when they can’t do a proper push up or do a correct body weight squat.
I still have fond memories of attending the Underground Strength Coach Certification in your Edison garage gym back in October of 2011. I’m still at it and training hard, glad everything is going well for you and your family. If you every want to talk training the older folks 60+, contact me.
All the best,