In this episode of STRONGCast Podcast, I interview my homeboy, BMack of CrossFit Endurance, aka Brian MacKenzie.
A world-renowned strength and conditioning coach, author of Power Speed Endurance, A Skill Based approach to Endurance Training, and the innovator of the endurance / strength and conditioning paradigm. He created CrossFit Endurance, which specializes in movement with an emphasis in running, cycling, and swimming mechanics.
BMack and his program have been featured in Competitor Magazine, Runners World, Triathlete Magazine, Men’s Journal, ESPN Rise, The Economist, Tim Ferriss’ New York Timesbestseller The 4-Hour Body, Men’s Running UK, LA Sport & Fitness, and Rivera Magazine.
He has consulted with several teams, including the 2012 & 2013 Western Athletic Conference Champions San Jose State Women’s Swim Team.
We discuss the following:
- Writing an autobiography, being famous vs focusing on coaching and CrossFit
- Where did BMack grow up & what sports was he involved with as a kid
- How & why he got into sports
- The jobs BMack held down before becoming a Strength & Conditioning Coach
- Why he became a Coach, and, eventually, a CrossFit Coach
- The first Gym BMack owned & the equipment / methods being used
- His first interaction and experience with a CrossFit WOD
- His life as a personal trainer
- The first time he presented his methods at CrossFit HQ
- Greg Glassman
- Days of Powerlifting vs Days of endless swim, bike, run workouts
Enjoy the show and please share with your friends!
[youtube width="640" height="360"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMQUtggCOik[/youtube]
To Connect with BMack, Please check the links below: