A few weeks back I spoke to a group of Coaches about the "Rules of Business" when Joe DeFranco and I did our 'Garage Gym Godfathers' business seminar.
It was an amazing seminar from 2 guys who've been staying the course for 20+ years each. We've stayed true to what we believe in and focused on delivering life changing results for our clients.
The BIG takeaway, just like it is when we give athletes advice is this: TAKE ACTION.
Joe simply said, "DO SH-T." I spoke about ethics in business along with being creative in designing your business to match your life goals.
In Business, I see 2 rules that you must always have in place....
1) Be ethical
2) Genuinely care
That's it! No need to complicate for the sake of complexity.
Be ethical and genuinely care for those you serve. From there, you can organize your hours, schedule, who you train, when you train, the way your membership works, etc according to your "Perfect Day".
Last weekend, while at Summer Strong, I met a guy who started doing privates with all new members and he doubled his income. Another guy shut down his monster gym and now trains adults for premium service by renting space from others and traveling the country. He uses his email list to get people to sign up before he arrives. Is one way better than the other? It all depends on what makes you happy and what brings you closer to that "Perfect Day".
I'll share and discuss these "business" strategies at the up coming SSPC Cert when we do our business portion of the Cert.
The deadline to sign up for The First Ever SSPC Certification is June 1st.
Below is the schedule for June 12th for our first ever SSPC Pilot Cert.
NOTE: After this event, the Cert will be a 2 part experience.
Step 1: Successfully complete the SSPC Online Course
Step 2: In person training, coaching, assessing at a 1 day seminar. A full day of training, coaching and business development.
Optional for this first SSPC Cert: Arrive Friday, June 11 and train with / observe the 4 and 5 PM Groups.
7:45 AM - Check In
8 AM: Module 1: Intro to SSPC Cert
- Changes since USC Cert
- Overall Goal: Build Athleticism, Changing Lives, Go Beyond Strength
Module 2: 8:30 AM - 8:50 AM
- Overview of 9 AM Training Group (Coaches will Train WITH 9 AM Group)
- Prep Pt 1 - Prep on white board -
Prep Pt 2 - Movement Prep, Sprints - Train with Group
9 AM - Saturday Morning Group Session (60-75 minutes in length)
10:15 AM - 10:30 AM Break
10:30 AM - 11 AM: Module 3: Assessments
- Verbal / Non Verbal - Assess through Movement / Assess through Specific Exercises
- Coach’s Eye / The Eye of the Coach
- Constantly Evolving Assessment
11 AM - 12 PM: Module 4: Speed & Power Training
- Med Ball Training
- Jump Training / Plyometrics for Lower & Upper Body
- Advanced Bodyweight Training
Module 5: Intro to Strength / Progressions & Regressions
12:30 - 1:30 PM
(Squat, Lunge, Press, Bench, Row, Carry, Shrug, Hinge)
- Sandball / Sandbag
- Bodyweight Basics / Weighted Bodyweight Exercises
Module 6: Sprints / Speed Training for Athletes (Mike Guadango)
1:30 - 2:30 PM
- Sprint Technique
- Don’t over coach
- Volume / Frequency / Program Design
- General Specific Preparation
- Understanding what Athletes / Parents / Coaches Want & Need
Module 7: Barbell Strength, Size & Power
2:30 - 3:45 PM
- Squat: Front, Back, Box, Zercher, Anderson
- Clean: Hang Power Clean, Hang Clean (Squat Clean)
- Deadlift: Sumo, Conventional, Trap Bar
- Bench Press / Floor Press: Different Bars / Shoulder Health / Bill Gillespie Tips
- Overhead Press / Landmine Press (Assessment / Individuality)
Module 8: Long Term Athleticism & Health 3:45 - 4:30 PM
- Shoulder Health / Prehab
- Back & Trunk Health
- Knee Health
- Addressing / Working Around Injuries
Module 9: Program Design / QnA 4:30 PM - 5:30 PM
- Training from Beginner, Intermediate & Advanced
- Progressions / Regressions
- Business Questions
As you can see, this is gonna be a power packed day! We're gonna cover a LOT of ground and the Bonus support is powerful beyond my words.
Register HERE before June 1st Deadline.
The Business Coaching & Training Bonuses will Serve You for a Lifetime.
"Every time I am looking for an answer I come back to Zach..... He gives so much that it almost feel serendipitous..."
- Kyle Boore
The Garage Gym Godfathers Business seminar that I did w/ Joe DeFranco ($497 Value)
The training seminar I did with Matt Wenning 3.5 hours of film ($397 Value)
30 Days Business Coaching Intensive ($2K Value)
The Bonuses are valued at Over $2K
In a nut shell, you're getting the best of the best.
Sign up HERE before time runs out. We're shutting down registration on June 1st.
See you soon,