Let’s do this!
Episode # 9 of THE STRONGCast is with Chad Wesley Smith of Juggernaut Strength Training Systems.
About Chad Wesley Smith:
Chad Wesley Smith is the founder and head physical preparation coach at Juggernaut Training Systems. Chad has a diverse athletic background, winning two national championships in the shot put, setting the American Record in the squat (905 in the 308 class, raw w/ wraps) and most recently winning the 2012 North American Strongman championship, where he earned his pro card. In addition to his athletic exploits, Chad has helped over 50 athletes earn Division 1 athletic scholarships since 2009 and worked with many NFL Players and Olympians. Chad is the author of The Juggernaut Method and The Juggernaut Method 2.0.
Inside this episode of The STRONGCast, we cover the following:
– How do I train beginner athletes at The Underground Strength Gym who have very poor levels of strength and no muscle?
– What are the 2 critical things to keep in mind when training athletes?
– How do we get athletes ready for college at The Underground Strength Gym?
– How did Chad get started as a Strength Coach and open up his warehouse gym?
– What were the mistakes Chad made when opening his warehouse gym?
– What inspired Chad to fly across the country as a college athlete to train and learn from Joe DeFranco while other Coaches never want to travel to learn?
– Should we use the conjugate method for increasing strength and overall performance?
– What assessment did Chad use for incoming athletes when he ran his gym?
– What is the driving force behind dreams and ideas for Strength Coaches, Lifters and in life in general?
– How were the college Football players trained for the NFL combine and their NFL pro day?
– Where do most Coaches miss the boat when prepping Football players?
– Off season vs In season workouts – how should you adjust your training for athletes?
– GPP / General Physical Preparation VS SPP / Specialized Physical Preparation and how to choose what you need to focus on for your training plan?
– How can you improve your numbers in the RAW squat, bench and deadlift?
– The BIGGEST Life Lessons Chad has learned as an athlete, a Coach and an entrepreneur
– What book makes Chad cry every time and which book you need to read to gain greater insight into life.
– Training alone with self motivation VS training in a group
Enjoy this STRONGCast and please share with your friends and colleagues!