The other day I got an awesome text message from Jim Wendler. Jim's text messages are awesome to the effect that you feel like you just read a new book even though it's only a text.
Note: Make your text messages awesome!
Jim always reminds me to stick to the basics, keep getting stronger and to live a simple life. These are the 3 topics we tend to chat about often.
We text each other randomly about life and lifting. Jim pulls no punches and tells you the truth, I always respect and appreciate brutal honesty.
His text method was a quote from Dr. Ken Leistner which inspired this episode of The STRONG Life Podcast where I discuss and elaborate on the simple (NOT easy) training program recommended by Dr. Ken.
I was so inspired by Jim's text message that I had to elaborate on his words and go next level with a podcast and update to USN.
I cover the following inside this #STRONGcast:
- The Dr. Ken quote that will remind you of which exercises you should focus on and some BIG numbers to push yourself to achieve!
- My thoughts on HIT (High Intensity Training) and the all out, 1 set to failure method for bodybuilding as well as athletics / performance.
- The PDF I added to The Underground Inner Circle inspired by "Simple Strength".
- A reminder of what is the key to getting stronger.
- How I broke PRs in my Bench Press.
- Thoughts on focusing on basics alone VS the conjugate system.
You can listen to this STRONG Life Podcast at any of the links below.
Please take a moment and share this episode on facebook / twitter with your friends and leave a 5 star review on iTunes. Your support helps us spread the word on kicking ass in life AND lifting.
Drop a comment / question below. I am psyched to hear from you.
Live The Code 365
Get The Encyclopedia of Underground Strength & Conditioning HERE