STRONG Life Episode 115, QnA from Instagram.
This episode unfolds in a unique manner as each and every question keeps bringing me back to WHY we must stand our ground for Excellence.
None of this "good enough" BS and figuring out how to make things easier for everyone.
I am at a point where I am not going to refuse for wanting excellence. My ability to accept weak excuses has dwindled to nothing. Your excuse is your excuse.
ALL in, ALL the time.
Here's some of the Questions I answer in this episode, quoted from my Instagram:
- Do you have any advice for creating long term buy in when working with adults and nutrition, or is it just a point they have to reach on their own? Maybe it's a cultural thing or something their parents missed but almost none stick it out.
- When training athletes to become savages and you only have them two days a week what is something that they can do daily at home besides push-ups to maintain?
- What does it mean to you, to be "Alpha?" With the training and nutritional aspect set aside.
- How to deal with coaches who cancel sessions because attending athlete numbers are too low and you miss out on training them?
- Zach, what do recommend for adult clients that can't pound themselves into the ground multiple days per week with hard conditioning and intense strength training like they once could?
- I've been working on networking with businesses outside strength and conditioning for referrals. Have you tried this, if so too any success?
- How did you balance your relationship and work at the beginning of creating your business. Did either suffer?
- Hey Zach, I'm sure you have aches and pains here and there; how do you know when to listen to your body and maybe rest, opposed to punching the excuses and lifting through them. Thanks
- Hey Zach, what is your opinion on ME method training for explosive athletes, specifically relating to slow bar speeds? Is there any transfer with this method to vertical jump and sprinting power outputs or should the focus be placed on strength-speed, speed-strength and accelerative strength?
- Any advice on teaching bracing for heavy loading to a yogi/gymnast/contortionist?
- Hey Zach, wanted to ask about core training. Do you think it would be better to have a variety of core movements during a training session or to just focus on getting really good at one like planks? Thanks a lot, good luck with the podcast!
- Zach, what is your definition of strength?
- Also quick personal question, what are your favorite metal bands? Mine right now is Pantera!
Thank you to my sponsor http://IntekStrength.com
Use code zach100 for 10% off.
Let me know your thoughts on taking a stand for excellence vs conforming to the "good enough" mentality that is so popular in all areas of life nowadays.
- Comment on the Blog below.
- Tweet me @zevenesh
STRONG LIFE RESOURCES
STRONG Life Newsletter
Underground Strength Academy
Online Training & Coaching
Leave a Reply