STRONG Life Episode 122 with Ron McKeefery.
This episode was one of the most inspiring conversations I've had in a LONG time. My words can't do justice to how awesome this episode was!
From talking about tactics and strategies of being a GREAT Strength Coach to digging deep into the intangibles of being a great Strength Coach.
Even if you're not a Strength Coach, this episode of The STRONG Life Podcast will inspire you to dig deeper into your own career, passions and overall life to be better.
Here's just some of the conversation we get into:
- The tough & stressful strength coach lifestyle and how it can push many over the edge to a point where you can hurt those closest to you if you're not managing your lifestyle.
- Ron's experiences as a Strength Coach and why he took a different role outside of the college / pro setting to focus on being with family.
- A favorite book of Ron's and the powerful lessons he has learned and applied from this one book.
- Motivating and Organizing athletes as a Strength Coach
- Why the culture of your weight room is just as crucial as the Xs & Os
- 3 Traits of A Great Strength Coach
- What is the future of The Strength & Conditioning Professional and How Can you Improve your Job stability?
- 2 Critical Actions a Strength Coach MUST do even while they are neck deep in coaching and "don't have the time".
- What skills should a Strength Coach develop outside of their knowledge of training athletes?
- How is the role of the Strength Coach started to get redefined and how you can take your skills outside of the weight room.
- What are 2 things that the Best _____ do every morning, regardless of their career / profession?
- How to be a better family man / woman even during the long hours of coaching
Again, this episode was awesome.
We will do a part 2 and make sure you connect with Ron, listen to his podcast and attend the events he is organizing through PLAE.
Connect with Ron through his web site here (Podcasts, Social, Newsletter & More):
STRONG Life Resources:
https://zacheven-esh.com/start-here for your STRONG Life Insider & Free Training Courses
http://UndergroundStrengthCert.com - Underground Strength Coach Certification
http://UndergroundStrengthCoach.com - The Underground Strength Academy, growing with content since 2005!
https://zacheven-esh.com/online-training-coaching/ - Online training with Zach