STRONG Life Ep 154 with Matt Wenning direct from his gym, Ludus Magnus after we trained upper body together.
In this episode we get into the following:
– Why you must be hungry AND humble to keep learning
– Taking pride in your work ethic to acquire knowledge
– Matt’s experiences learning from Professor Zatsiorsky (author of Science and Practice of Strength Training)
– Zach shares his crying AND learning experience with Andrei, circa 1989 in Israel (Perhaps my funniest story)
– How learning from other people AND other experiences is crucial to your IRON WILL – Always getting better!
– The inch by inch, brick by brick work ethic philosophy
– Overcoming struggles in life by applying STRONG Life Lessons from the Gym
– Genetics and Work Ethic. Understanding the long game and the journey of training and life.
– Matt’s philosophy on testing yourself everyday, in ANY area of your life (training, education, etc)
– Finding inspiration from others to continually advance in life, regardless of where you live, age, life circumstances, etc
This was a VERY inspiring trip for me at Matt’s gym as well as chatting up the parallels between training and life.
Connect with Matt at https://WenningStrength.com