STRONG Life POdcast ep 322 with Dan Fichter.
Be ready to deep dive into the world of sports performance as Dan and I go back and forth for almost 2 hours talking about our experiences from the early 90s all the way to current day.
Dan is the founder of Wanna Get Fast and is a BUSY Coach. He is a consultant for Coaches ranging from youth to the pros, teaches High School Physical Education, is a head Football Coach & Track Coach at his high school AND is a full time Strength Coach at his school.
Holy crap, talk about being BUSY and immersed in sports and athletic performance!
Below are just SOME of the topics we discuss, and there is plenty more when you listen.
- How did Dan begin his early training for Football during high school and college
- Why Dan chose a wrestler as his training partner for Football during his college years
- Training for Speed without Sprinting?
- Thoughts on the importance of Speed Mechanics for sprinters and non track & field athletes
- The Use of Isometrics and Depth Drops to develop speed and agility
- Lessons learned from Mel Siff while sleeping in Mel's basement and barely sleeping!
- The effect of an athlete's psychology on how you train them as well as how well they perform in athletics
- The use of "imperfect training" as described by Mel Siff and how Zach and Dan implement this method of training for improved sports performance
- Why do we have so many weak athletes compared to 10+ years ago and how Dan adjusts training accordingly
- Dropping Weights & Catching them for Sports Performance
- How Dan would like to see Strength & Conditioning implemented into Physical Education Curriculum and why we don't see as many athletes in our private facilities compared to 10+ years ago
- Why Dan encourages his Football team to join the wrestling team and vice versa
- Training the Vestibular system for better athletic performance
There is tons more and you're gonna have to watch AND listen!
Please enjoy, share and of course, leave a 5 Star Review!
Some Videos of Dan's athletes in action:
What's important is NOT to agree or disagree with everything, but instead to be open minded enough to explore, test and see what works or perhaps understand in what context certain training will or will not work!
Sometimes the weight room just looks different.🏈🔥@TFConsortium @AaronJohnsonWI @TomBroback @JevonBowman @KoKieft @Caldietz @SirrVantes @ZEvenEsh #retweet pic.twitter.com/8n3iTAwk0g
— WannaGetFast (@WGF1) July 1, 2022
There has to be some failure in the exploration of teaching movements and/or positions. Motor learning is a process. “V” squats from a slight elevation and alt drops. Woman’s soccer getting after it. @WIEagles @RocDevo @TFConsortium pic.twitter.com/6hZWbB11fx
— WannaGetFast (@WGF1) April 4, 2022
View this post on Instagram
Wanna Get Fast on Links / Resources
SSPC Cert (Strength & Sports Performance Coach)
Leave a Reply