Here’s a recap of just some of the lessons learned at Sorinex Summer Strong. More than just lessons, these were the main themes that simply kept coming back around, full circle. If any of the lifters and coaches disagreed, it was on maybe 10% of our thoughts, if that. The other 90% or more of our thoughts were all on the same page.
In a nut shell, here is a list of common themes that were given if you wanna kick ass & take names:
- Lift heavy & get strong as all heck on the basics
- Olympic lifts are GREAT, but, when training athletes (MOST of the time) you don’t have the time to properly dedicate to them so use other movements for explosive power
- Incorporate Sprints, Box Jumps / Jump Variation, Med Ball Throwing & Upper Body Plyos / Jumps for power development. These are simple to teach & easy to learn.
- Don’t reinvent the wheel.
- Attack weak areas.
- KNOW who you’re training & tweak training accordingly. If someone isn’t mentally tough then make sure your finishers address that weakness.
- Recovery is the key. Again, knowing what an athletes does OUTSIDE your weight room is a BIG key towards understand how to maximally organize a training program.
- Almost any program will deliver results if you apply hard work & consistency.
- The reason behind the success of the Coaches on the panel were mostly attributed to genuinely caring, never giving up, always learning & questioning everything, constantly seeking a way to improve for the betterment of those they train.
I hope you enjoyed this video and the tips, I’ll be sharing a Part 2 as my video got cut off so stay tuned and make sure you subscribe to our Underground Strength Insider & Get Your 3 FREE Gifts.
Live The Code,
Category: Articles, Business, freak strength friday, Kick Ass Business, Kick Ass Life, Live The Code, muscle building, old school strength, Olympic Lifting, Powerlifting, Q & A, Strength Building, Success, Underground Strength Show, Videos, Zach's Workouts Tags: 9 best strength tips, Grip Strength, how to get faster, how to get stronger, olympic lifting, powerlifting, sorinex, sorinex summer strong, strength coaches, Success, weightlifting.