WOW! What a BEAST of a podcast with Strength Coach, Matt Nichol.
This is STRONG Life Podcast ep. 246.
I first heard of Matt around 2004 when I was attending the first ever pilot certification for The IYCA which was being held by Brian Grasso.
Here's just SOME of what we talk about in this episode:
- The early days of Matt's career as a Strength & Conditioning Coach from the mid 90s
- The who's who of Strength & Conditioning / Sports Performance that Matt has worked with and studied directly under, such as Charles Poliquin, Charlie Francis, Tudor Bompa, Johnny Parker, Dr. Ken Kinakin, Paul Chek and Dr. Mauro DiPasquale.
- When and How did Matt begin his private facility from a storage closet and still operates today where pro athletes seek out Matt & his staff.
- The experience Matt had when trying to start a business of fitness testing for middle school Physical Education
- Thoughts on prehab / rehab current day vs 10, 15 and 20+ years ago
- What did Matt learn while working with the first ever Russian Hockey player to defect to The USA
- Lessons from the old Soviet Sports system when training youth athletes and developing high level athletes
- Lessons learned from Johnny Parker while at The 49ers
- Lessons learned from wrestling and being a multi sport athlete
- Plus much more! Prepare to be educated and inspired BIG time!
Listen / Watch below: