STRONG Life Podcast ep 314 with Anthony Oliveira; Owner of Anchor Athletics in NH, Trigger Warning Conjugate (Online Coaching) & Host of the Stay Hated Podcast.
WARNING: This episode is NOT WFS.
This conversation is heated, intense and passionate. We use "adult language".
You've been warned.
ANNOUNCEMENT: The SSPC Cert is Open and ALL Online. Access from anywhere in the world with a BEAST of a BONUS! All details are at SSPCoach.com
In this episode we discuss the following topics:
- Regrets in how we presented ourselves in some videos during our "early years" on social media
- Anthony's background in hockey, growing up as a kid, struggles in life and how he found a way to get clean and move forward!
- Early days powerlifting workouts, "mistakes" and mindset
- Anthony's first Strength Coach internship while traveling 45 minutes each way AND working a full time job
- Why cleaning the gym and the bathroom separates the good from the GREAT
- Learning from Brian Silfies at his Westside Barbell Certified Gym
- Louie Simmons calling Brian to dog deeper into his answers before allowing him to fly the flag of a Westside Barbell Certified Gym
- Taking the STRONG Life mentality and truly applying it to your own LIFE
- CrAzY workouts that push you to have a breakthrough both physically and mentally
- The guts it took to leave NH and move to Ohio to train at Westside Barbell with no job and no place to live
- Stories and qualities of the best training partners Anthony ever had
- Stories of how Louie would push Anthony to challenge himself to greater and greater heights
- Business talk; our thoughts on social media for growing the business and how we have changed our attitudes to do whatever it takes
- The 80s action movie, Youngblood
- Keeping your gym with that "Fight Club" feeling
- Quotes that keep Anthony going with the right mindset!
Dig in and enjoy!