STRONG Life Podcast Ep. 152 with Shane Sweatt, owner of The Sweatt Shop Cincinnati and CrossFit Conjugate.
This was a big time inspiring podcast with Shane as we dug into the Conjugate System for training athletes of all types.
There will definitely be a part 2 of this conversation!
We discuss in this episode:
– The World Records held at Shane’s gym in both raw and geared powerlifting.
– World Champions and Pro athletes in various sports at Shane’s gym.
– How to implement the Conjugate System into a large CrossFit class.
– The importance of using specialty bars and variation in training to reduce injuries and increase longevity of an athlete, regardless of age.
– The art of coaching; assessing an athlete from the moment they walk into the gym.
– The difference between supplements in the USA vs how the Soviets / Russians created their own supplements in conjunction with national pride.
– How mindset affects the training outcome / performance results.
– Implementing the conjugate system into calisthenics exercises such as pull ups.
– How to track your training? Software? Or…..
– What common themes has Shane experienced in his consulting with Special Forces Military?
– Training changes that Shane has made since entering his 40s to keep him going healthy and strong.
– Is it just about “optimal training” or is there more?
Connect with Shane on IG here:
Book Recommendation by Shane: Secrets of Russian Sports & Fitness Training.
The Original Title was Secrets of Soviet Sports & Fitness Training. I read that original title in 2004, you would have to find a used version of that edition.
More Book Recommendations HERE.
Part 2 – My Favorite Training Books HERE.
STRONG Life / Underground Strength Resources: