Episode 123 of The STRONG Life Podcast is with my friend Max Shank who I connected with 10+ years ago after seeing him on early days YouTube lifting BIG stones & competing in ShootFighting.
I’ve been inspired and educated with seeing Max training and bringing back physical culture in a way that blends all aspects of Health & Strength together.
It is refreshing and inspiring to say the least.
Playing with some #ultimateathleticism movements in the wind/rain. There are two things I love about this: 1) Being outside in in the elements 2) Strength flows. Start with your most challenging movements and finish out with easy ones. Fun! #bettereveryday #simpleshouldersolution #makeitlookeasy #fitness #ambitionfamily
In this episode, Max and I discuss the following:
– Physical Culture & Max’s back yard set up (This backyard looks like an old school Russian Playground!)
– Why was Max inspired to implement mobility and movement on a daily basis?
– Discussion on pain and injuries, why they happen and what are injuries and pain a sign of?
– How to handle your overall health if you travel a lot either by plane or car?
– Nutrition for health and Zach’ stupid experiment on “The Banana Diet”.
– Are we truly physiologically / emotionally ready for the advances in technology and what it’s doing to society?
– How Max’s training has evolved which helped him avoid getting surgery on his hip and overall, feel better physically and spiritually.
– Thoughts on Genetics and how exercise enhances or inhibits your genetic potential
– Thoughts and experiences on getting surgery for injuries
– Breathing and Core Strength
– Moving More and Moving Better, how does this integrate into Max’s daily routine?
– The relationship between health and pain
This was a GREAT conversation with Max and extremely inspiring.
Enjoy the show & please leave a review on iTunes!
To further connect with Max, see the resources below:
Also, BIG thank you to our sponsor, http://IntekStrength.com
Use code zach100 for 10% off.
I Highly Recommended their Functional Trap Bar!
To stay connected with ALL things STRONG Life, dig into the resources below:
BIG thanks for listening & supporting The STRONG Life Podcast!
Till the next time!